http://shinobilegacies.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Vladamir's Suggestion.

Vladamir Keiri
    Vladamir Keiri

Vladamir's Suggestion. Empty Vladamir's Suggestion.

Post by Vladamir Keiri Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:42 pm

I noticed that in the Ninja Application, alot of the information you asked us seems to already have its own forum. I know its not very hard to copy or paste, but doesn't it take up room for those? I'd like to suggest:

One is to keep the Ninja Application as it is and approve all the information at once and get it out of the way. This is easier for staff who have to approve the profiles, cause I know as their job they should actually read what they are approving, and who wants to read the same thing twice? I did notice that the descriptions and some stated that it was a place to add custom jutsu or new jutsu or a new weapon or such things along these lines. These can still be placed in our Ninja Application. The user can simply copy and paste the original Ninja Application from the Approved Ninja list, add their new weapon, or jutsu, or pet or whatever, then state in the topic that they edited their profile, and what kind of edit it was.

Ex.

Vladamir Keiri [Edit:New Jutsu attained, Needs Approving]

Then once its approved it can simply be moved back to the Approved section. Now doing this I realize that the profiles may become lengthy, which is why I'll also suggest the use of spoilers. We can put the things like jutsu, weapon, and pet info into spoilers. This will get rid of some of the space taken by jutsu, and it also insures that the staff is actually reading the jutsu, weapon, and pet, making sure that they aren't OP or GM.

Ex.

Name:Haxor Jutsu
    Spoiler:

Something like this.
    Roxas
    Roxas

Vladamir's Suggestion. Empty Re: Vladamir's Suggestion.

Post by Roxas Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:09 pm

*sighs* Nice effort, sorry to shoot you down.
    The other forums are there for AFTER your application has already been approved. The character application is for everything you wish to start out with, the other forums are for adding stuff to your application after-word.
    Vladamir Keiri
    Vladamir Keiri

Post by Vladamir Keiri Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:50 pm

o.o Yes but are you sure you understood everything you read? We can post the new stuff right back on our Original Ninja Application. It keeps it all in one place, and doesn't put so much wasted space on the Site. Not to mention its easier for the members and staff for everything to be in one spot.
    Roxas
    Roxas

Post by Roxas Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:20 am

It is all in one post, technically. You misunderstood...
    It's a lot more work if Staff have to constantly lock and unlock applications and completely recheck them and everything. This is how it works...
    You've been approved, but you want a new jutsu; you post an application for the new jutsu, once approved, staff will add the jutsu to your character application. That's how it's worked on Naruto RPGs for years now... -_-
    Vladamir Keiri
    Vladamir Keiri

Post by Vladamir Keiri Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:52 am

Well I understood perfectly well what you were doing...it just actually is inefficient because, no, not all Naruto Rpg's do it like this. In the experiences I've had with others, the staff seemed to have no trouble with my method. But it is your choice no matter how space, and time consuming it is for the users.
    Roxas
    Roxas

Post by Roxas Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:42 pm

Mhm, I never said "all" Naruto RPGs did it, but any Naruto RPG of high importance that have actually made it in the forumotion world do it like we will. This site has been here for over a year, it's always been done the same. All the information ends up in the same place, it's easier for staff, AND faster for members. So don't give me that bull-crap.

If we did it your way members would have to constantly have to wait for a staff member to come on and unlock their application, then they have to spend the time making their jutsu, then they have to wait for the staff member to completely look over EVERYTHING to make sure you didn't change anything else (this is necessary, because a member would certainly do something like this), and then approve it or otherwise.

Our current way: the member makes a new topic posting up their new jutsu, they wait for staff to get on, staff approves or otherwise, staff add it to the character application. This is MUCH faster than your idea... The first one is 5 steps, and some of the steps would take even longer than the steps in the second one, which only has four short steps, and if the jutsu makes sense and isn't OP, the member only has ONE step to go through, and they can get it up there, even if they have to leave with there being no staff member online. Next morning...Approved! So much faster in most scenarios. =|
    kibaka

Post by kibaka Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:35 am

I think having an approved section is better because it looks tidier and everything can get jumbled and permissions of the forum make things easier etc

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content